UCPori Library is an open scientific library in the first floor of UCPori. Welcome!
Opening hours: Mon-Tue 10-16, Wed 10-17.30, Fri 10-15
lunch break 12-12.45
In August normal opening hours on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, other days closed.
Address: Pohjoisranta 11 C, 28100 Pori
Postal address: PL 136, 28101 Pori
+358 40 826 2780
Staff: assistant librarian Juhani Laikkoja
juhani.laikkoja (at) tuni.fi
Here you can find printed and electronic scientific resources (books, journals and theses) as well as facilities for working:
- silent and group study rooms,
- computers for students and other customers,
- devices for scanning, copying and printing: login with your university account is needed for these. Please see the instructions here: University of Turku and Tampere University (you need to login).
- Scanning is available for all customers.
The students and the staff of UCPori can enter the library with their electronic key and use all the library facilities 24/7. Read more here.
Library cards are available at the loans desk. You need an ID and an address in Finland to obtain one. Also customers from outside of the universities are welcome, you don’t need to be a student here to use the library.
The materials belong to the collections of the libraries of the University of Turku and Tampere University of Technology: please note their lending rules and fees.
- University of Turku: lending rules and fees
- University of Turku Library: Database Volter
- Business, economics, management and humanities (+ University of Turku e-books)
PARENT UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES AND ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
- Google Scholar - search machine for scientific e-resources. Login with your university account for materials provided by the library.
- Mendeley - free reference manager
OTHER LIBRARIES IN PORI
Satakirjastot.fi - collections of the public libraries in the Satakunta region
Interlibrary loan service is a form of collaboration between libraries. At the customer's request, material not found at the library can be ordered from Finnish and foreign libraries as loans or copies. The service is available for the students and staff of the UC Pori library universities.
Please contact the library for further information.